Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions, making a reservation.
Due to the current hospitality industry guidelines and regulations, Crofters Arran may feel different to how it used to. We no longer have live music in the front bar area and we have reduced capacity.
In accordance with this, we have made some minor changes to our terms and conditions.
- Reservations are recommended (both inside and out). Please select your area and time duration when booking to specify dining area. We are unable to guarantee tables in an alternative area from which is booked.
- Reservations for drinks only are welcome between 12-5pm/9pm-close, daily. These reservations are in the alfresco dining area until 10pm and are for 1 hour time intervals. It is at management discretion, capacity permitting, for extension to these time slots and for alternative seating.
- We need a contact name and number for every person visiting us for Covid-19 Track & Trace. The recording of customer/visitor contact details is mandatory and must be implemented in all hospitality settings.
- Subject to capacity, a table may be offered to walk-ins. We will need contact information for the table.
- Face masks are mandatory when entering and moving around our premises, you can lower these when sat at your table.
- All reservations required a credit/debit card authorisation to secure bookings. Failure to arrive for a reservation without any confirmed communication with us will result in a £20 per person charge to the card used to book the reservation.
- In the event that you are running late, or need to cancel your booking, please call 01770 302579. Unless we are notified of a late arrival, tables will be held for a maximum of 20 minutes and then treated as a "no-show."
- Table sizes, combinations of households, and opening times are subject to ScotGov Levels Statutory guidance. Please make yourself aware of the current Levels on the Isle of Arran and subsequent table sizes.
- We do not offer a children's specific menu. Well-behaved children are welcome and are encouraged to eat from our daily menu. Children under the age of 10 are respectively asked to be taken home for 7.30pm after which we are a convivial adult environment.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome until 7.30pm inside and all day outside. Dogs must be kept on a lead and off the furniture. Please do not feed your dog on the premises - water is available and will be provided by the front of house team. Please respect other patrons and ensure that your dog is not a trip hazard or making it difficult to observe social distancing when navigating around them.
- You will receive emails from us relating to confirmation of your booking.
Your data will only be used for the purposes of Track & Trace in the eventuality of a positive Covid-19 case on our premises. If you have opted in to get marketing information from us we may send you emails about offers and services. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
- Our alfresco dining area is covered however in the event of adverse weather we reserve the right to cancel reservations made for outside if we are unable to accommodate them inside.
- We reserve the right to refuse service if reservations are made that are inconsistent with regulations, or.if any individual or party is behaving in a disparaging, rude or aggressive manner.
- Please ensure that you are adhering to ScotGov legislation and guidance on social distancing and interactions. Respect our policies, follow signage and listen to our staff members: we're only trying our best to keep everyone safe, enjoy our work and run a business.
Legal stuff: please read this before making a booking.
The booking contract:
Thank you for booking with us. We both need a contract so that your rights and our rights are protected. We have tried to make this as brief and clear as possible.
The booking is with Crofters Arran. Your contract is with Crofters Arran.
By using this service you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions of use:
You must have the legal capacity to make a booking.
You must provide accurate information.
You are entering into a contract with us which means that you must pay for your meal in full after your dining experience, unless you have made any full or partial pre-pay arrangements.
The contract becomes legally binding on Crofters Arran when you have received the confirmation email.
You can cancel the booking via the cancellation link below.
If you do not arrive at the restaurant at or near the specified time we reserve the right to charge you a "no show" fee of £20 per person.
If you arrive with fewer than your booked number of people we reserve the right to charge you a partial "no show" fee of £15 per person.
If you arrive late at the restaurant we reserve the right to give away your table(s), although we will always endeavour to accommodate you at a later time if possible.
We reserve the right to cancel your booking if we are unable to provide the service to you.
If we have asked you for a credit card number, we reserve the right to make a charge to this card for any of the reasons described above.
You will receive emails from us relating to confirmation of your booking.
If you have opted in to get marketing information from us we may send you emails about offers and services. You may opt out of these at any time.
Our booking technology partners, Collins, Design my Night, strive for the highest levels of security but please note that information carried over the internet is not 100% secure. Neither we nor our booking technology partners accept any liability for loss, damages or costs associated with the use of this service.
We try to keep our data up to date but we accept no responsibility for any loss, damages or costs arising from inaccurate data.
Rights and jurisdiction:
We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time.
It is the customer’s responsibility to check the current terms and conditions.
This contract is governed by the Law of Scotland.